Re: rfc: next guile 1.8.x release

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: rfc: next guile 1.8.x release
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 08:14:07 +0100

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> power to them; perhaps there is room for an unofficial Guile development
> branch.  Just that again -- and I really hate to be negative here -- I

How about taking this at literal value and creating an ugg8-repository:
Unofficial GNU Guile 1.8? That carries with it the connotations of
keeping to plain, strong values without fundamental changes, and picking
up from the 8, so it isn’t limited to the minor number behind 1.8.x
(with x > 8).

Best wishes,
Arne
--