Re: Summon Guile-Studio in a running Emacs

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Summon Guile-Studio in a running Emacs
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 00:11:28 +0200

Hi Jérémy,

> To provide a "follow my pair's cursor" I use the lockstep.el extension.
> It requires each pairs to run emacsclient which load the user's emacs
> configuration file by default.
>
> I was wondering how I could instead launch guile-studio with
> emacsclient and try it in this context.

Guile Studio currently is merely a custom init script and a wrapper that
makes Emacs load it.  I suspect you could make emacsclient do the same
thing.

Going forward, Guile Studio features should become a minor mode, so that
it can be enabled (and disabled) more easily even from within an
existing Emacs session.

--
Ricardo