Re: Python-on-guile

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: Python-on-guile
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:04:32 -0700

On 4/23/21 8:00 AM, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday, Andy committed new code to the compiler, some of which concerned
skipping some arity checking.

Also, Stefan meanwhile committed something called "reworked object system"
to his python-on-guile.

Sorry for coming with unspecific information (don't have time to track down
the details) but I noticed that my benchmark script written in Python, and
which computes the 20:th Ramanujan number, now runs 60% faster than before
these changes.

This means that python-on-guile running on guile3 master executes python
code only 2.6 times slower than the CPython python3 interpreter itself. :-)

Have a nice weekend all,
Mikael
A fun comparison might be python-on-guile3 vs Jython.