How to use guile in a development process

From: Anthony Quizon
Subject: How to use guile in a development process
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 10:35:42 +1000

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding a good development process with guile.

I have a file foo.scm and I'm trying to load it into the repl.
However, I couldn't find any documentation on how to easily do this.
I tried looking up ",help module" in the repl which told me to use ",load
FILE".
But when I tried this I got the error "In procedure primitive-load-path:
Unable to find file "system/repl/foo.scm" in load path"

I don't know where to look to change my load file for the repl.

I read in a forum somewhere to add (add-to-load-path ".") in my .guile file
but that didn't work.

How do I load a file from the current path that I'm in?
But more importantly, what is the typical workflow when using guile?
Do people write files to the filesystem and load them in the repl to try it
out?
Or is there a faster way to do things?

Thanks,