Re: srfi-64 tests passing when they should not

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: srfi-64 tests passing when they should not
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 13:47:14 +0000

Hi Taylan,

On Wednesday, May 5, 2021 6:39 AM, Taylan Kammer <taylan.kammer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 04.05.2021 10:31, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote:
>
> > The first 2 tests are surprisingly passing. This is also the reason, why I
> > used
> > test-assert and manually wrote the (equal? ...) in the last test, to see,
> > whether it makes any difference. Indeed it does.
>
> The reference implementation of SRFI-64 (which is what Guile ships)
> doesn't seem to be written very well.
>
> I have an alternative implementation here, if you're interested:
>
> https://github.com/TaylanUB/scheme-srfis
>
> I'm not sure if the newest Guile is able to run it out of the box
> though. You might have to create some .scm symlinks to the .sld files.

For what it's worth, I know about your implementation for a long time, but I've
never tried to use it because I don't know where to start. Is it not possible
to package these libraries so that users can simply install them as any other
guile library? Say:

$ guix install r7rs-srfi-64

I see that Guile can be run with the "--r7rs" option "to better support R7RS"...