Can not create instance of <complex> class

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Can not create instance of <complex> class
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:14:00 +0200

Footnote (29) of this page
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Class-Definition.html>
of the manual mentions that the complex is a predefined class in GOOPS.
However when I try to create an instance of the class using

(use-modules (oop goops))
(define test (make <complex>))

guile raises the following exception:

No applicable method for #<<generic> initialize (9)> in call (initialize
#<instance 7fb5dc535680> ())

Searching in guile's source I do find in in the file goops.scm the line

(define-standard-class <complex> (<number>)).

So my question is why the class is predefined while it is not implemented?
It is only because implementation is not yet finished?
Should I design the class myself?

Thanks for your answers!