Re: Demanding Interoperability to Strengthen the Free (Libre) Web: Intro

From: Vivien Kraus
Subject: Re: Demanding Interoperability to Strengthen the Free (Libre) Web: Introducing DISFLUID
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 09:06:55 +0200

Hello,

Le samedi 31 juillet 2021 à 14:14 +0800, Nala Ginrut a écrit :
> Is it possible to cooperate with a modern web framework? It seems it
> doesn't require JS and browser, so I don't know if http can still
> work as usual.

It is not tied to a particular framework, the specification is based on
HTTP. Guile has by default almost everything we need,
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html#Web

The missing parts are a couple of HTTP headers that are simple to
handle.

However, I’d like to have uri-decode handle unicode characters, because
most URIs nowadays are IRIs and they have unescaped unicode characters.
That’s why I sent this patch: