Thanks all!

From: paul
Subject: Thanks all!
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:54:25 +1000

Hey guile-users,

I have just made a release of my app [1] which integrates a Guile runtime -- since i received invaluable pointers from this mailing list, i thought folks might be curious as to what i was building.

The app is called Spotiqueue, and it's a macOS-native client for listening to the Spotify music streaming service. It's intended to be keyboard-driven and fast, and now i guess it's arbitrarily extensible too! There's still some work to be done on the Guile integration front (e.g., exception handling), but it's already quite usable i think. Feedback welcome! Although i realise that Spotify is an evil walled-garden service and macOS is a non-free platform, my app is GPL and i've learned a lot making it, so i'm happy to take the risk that tomorrow the quicksand on which i've built it might shift and make it unviable.

Cheers,
p.

1. Spotiqueue on Github, https://github.com/toothbrush/Spotiqueue