Re: Need help embedding Guile

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: Re: Need help embedding Guile
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 22:14:38 +0000

On Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021 at 5:29 PM, Maxime Devos wrote:

> This seems clear to me (I think you mean that there's some guile code
> that preprocesses the node graph to optimise it a little, before
> evaluating things). I don't see what dead code elimination has to do
> with the structure of your program though (it's a guile thing, not a
> node graph thing?).

Yes, you understand essentially correctly.  Dead code elimination was just the
first example I could think of:  If a certain cluster of nodes within the graph
has no edges to nodes that output the results (say because the user has comented
out the Scheme code that writes one of the output files) then the operations
concerned need not be evaluated.