guile_gi-0.3.2 released

From: Mike Gran
Subject: guile_gi-0.3.2 released
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 20:21:17 -0800

On behalf of the Guile-GI team, I am pleased to announce the release
of Guile-GI v0.3.2.

This library hopes to make GTK and WebKit available to Guile.

guile-gi is a library that generates GNU Guile bindings for GObject
libraries that provide typelib files.  GObject is a standard way of
writing C-language libraries with headers and introspection
information.  Typelib files are GObject's standard way to provide that
introspection information.  Among the GObject libraries are GTK3 and
WebKitGTK2, two popular GUI libraries.

Guile-GI is of beta quality.  Its API is stabilizing, but is not
stable.

This release, in particular, is just a snapshot where the code was
as before we begin a long-overdue refactor of the type system.

2021-12-29: version 0.3.2
 - SCM GObject arguments should better preserve their type when
   passing through function calls, and not downgrade to the argument's
   required type (#104)
 - Handle GVariant arguments
 - Handle GBoxed module variables
 - Initial handling of Gtk4's GtkExpression and other new, fundamental
   types
 - More verbose warnings
 - More stringent typechecks
 - Avoid crashes cause by calling callbacks in non-guile mode
 - Avoid Unicode combining character in test case

Thanks to
 - LordYuuma
 - Bob131
 - Danny Milosavljevic <daym>
 - Lloyd Konneker <bootchk>

A tarball, sha256, and gpg sig can be downloaded from

https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi/releases/download/v0.3.2/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz
 SHA256 7e35b9b661e331a45bc44f4e4093b748693c603de94d728098a7a8e71f5c3505

https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi/releases/download/v0.3.2/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz.sha256

https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi/releases/download/v0.3.2/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz.sig

If you prefer a Javascript-free download site, you can use
 https://lonelycactus.com/tarball/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz
 https://lonelycactus.com/tarball/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz.sha256
 https://lonelycactus.com/tarball/guile_gi-0.3.2.tar.gz.sig

There are some docs at
  https://spk121.github.io/guile-gi/

To get an idea of what this library is supposed to do.
  https://spk121.github.io/guile-gi/The-Concept-of-Operations.html

The repository and bug tracker can be found at
  https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi

If you're uncomfortable using the bug tracker or have any objection to
the websites used, you can always e-mail me directly for help or bug
reports.

Regards,
Mike Gran