Re: GuileScript 0.0.0 released

From: Jacob Hrbek
Subject: Re: GuileScript 0.0.0 released
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 06:21:54 +0000

What's the projected usecase? Making websites in GNU Guile?

On 1/18/22 07:10, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:
Hi,

I'm excited to announce GuileScript 0.0.0. GuileScript aims to be a Guile
to JavaScript compiler. It currently doesn't do much but there are some
working examples like fibonacci, binary search and reversing a vector. I
don't know where I want to take this or if it will go somewhere, but at
least it was fun to dig into Guile's compiler tower (for now only Tree-IL).

During the holidays I saw this tweet (
https://twitter.com/zaneshelby/status/1477988369154121734?s=20) about
ClojureScript and I thought it would be cool to do the same with Guile, so
I had to start somewhere. I'm still planning to at least try to get
something like that working, we'll see.

Anyways, here it is:

https://github.com/aconchillo/guilescript

Comments, suggestions, patches and full rewrites are welcomed. :-)

Happy hacking!

Aleix

--
Jacob Hrbek