Re: Newbie thoughts on Guile Hall + Guix

From: Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Newbie thoughts on Guile Hall + Guix
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 23:19:54 +0000

On Sat, Feb 05 2022, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> It would also be nice if we could have a Guile package repository.

FWIW, I wish we had an alternative to Guix and autotools for pure-scheme
packages, which don't need all that complication (and that i would love
to see becoming the norm, with that pretty FFI of ours).  Something
like, say, leiningen (or elpa, raco, rebar3, cargo, gobuild, elpa,
cabal...).  For context:

  https://gitlab.com/a-sassmannshausen/guile-hall/-/issues/51

I'd call it "wile", packages would live in "the wilery" (wilery.org is
free) and wile.scm would probably use a simplified dorodango
syntax... and i'd even work on it.  But my feeling is that the community
is heavily invested in autotools and Guix as /the/ build system (and
very happily so!) and i don't have the evangelising chops/time :)

Cheers,
jao
--
Nature uses as little as possible of anything.
  -Johannes Kepler, astronomer (1571-1630)