Re: Haunt 0.2.6 released

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Haunt 0.2.6 released
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 15:02:52 +0100

Hi David and thank you for the new Haunt release.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 08:26:19AM -0500, Thompson, David wrote:
> Haunt version 0.2.6 has been released.  This release restores
> compatibility with Guile < 3.0 that was accidentally broken in 0.2.5.

You need not care about it on old Guile IMHO, but in case you do,
check is buggy now.

guix shell --container -D guile2.2-haunt autoconf automake
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make check

The problem is that tests/helper.scm’s test-end returns unspecified.
This also breaks the check for haunt-0.2.6 on Parabola GNU/Linux-libre.

This seems to be a bug in Guile’s SRFI-64 implementation, fixed with
the later Guile commit f10bc1a86.  If I change Guix to use a patch of
the first hunk of that commit for Guile@2.2.7, it works.

Note that

guix build guile2.2-haunt \
--with-source=guile2.2-haunt='https://files.dthompson.us/haunt/haunt-0.2.6.tar.gz'

does not run tests at all according to its log file.  Neither does
guix build haunt.

Sorry for reporting this late.

Regards,
Florian