Re: Newbie thoughts on Guile Hall + Guix

From: Vivien
Subject: Re: Newbie thoughts on Guile Hall + Guix
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 19:03:01 +0100

Hello,

Le mercredi 09 février 2022 à 12:05 -0800, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué a
écrit :
> - The manual is written by very smart people for very smart people.
> Not for
> newcomers.
To be more precise, I had that feeling everywhere I stumbled on the
word "continuation" : it took me days or weeks to understand dynamic
wind, handling exceptions, and prompts. The continuation concept
doesn’t exist in popular programming languages, so it’s hard to make
one of these quick hands-on guide "You did this in python, do that in
guile". I’m not sure there’s an easy solution though.

Vivien