Re: mmap for guile

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Re: mmap for guile
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 13:06:04 -0400

On Sun, 26 Jun 2022, Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com> wrote:
>       flags
>            (logior MAP_ANON MAP_PRIVATE)

Why MAP_ANON instead of MAP_ANONYMOUS.  The latter is more clear and you
don't have to care about compatibility like C does.

Also, does MAP_FIXED or MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE is passed to `flags' if
`(not (eq? addr %null-pointer))'?

> scheme@(guile-user)> ,d mmap/search

What's the difference with `mmap'?

> scheme@(guile-user)> ,d mmap-file
> - Scheme Procedure: mmap-file file [prot]
>       This procedure accepts a file in the form of filename, file-port or
>       fd.  It returns a bytevector.  It must not contain scheme allocated
>       objects as it will not be searched for pointers.  Default PROT is
>       `"r"'.

I assume that this map the entire file at offset 0 with PROT_READ?  In
that case, is it with MAP_SHARED or MAP_PRIVATE?  I think it's important
to mentioned this point.

Regards,
old

--