Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?

From: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli
Subject: Re: Curiosity: Microkernel implemented in Guile ?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 11:47:24 +0200

Hello fellow Guilers!
Thank you so much for the wide input!
So cool to see many thriving initiatives!

Il giorno Thu, 23 Jun 2022 09:34:25 +0200
Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> ha scritto:

> Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli schreef op do 23-06-2022 om 08:11 [+0200]:
> > Feels like a nice recipe for User Empowerment !
>
> How does this empower users?

My rationale is about having the advantage of scheme programming
approach than c paradigm. I feel this brings it's magic pedagogic and
mind friendly source code.

> Sure, if the user is a programmer they
> can modify their custom microkernel in Scheme, but then you have a
> very niche OS that practically no other software already supports,
> which is very inconvenient for the user and the user will have
> practical difficulties sharing the software with other people using
> other OSes

Indeed, i'm too newbie about the topic, i thought integration between
kernel and software was straightforward, but i can imagine that many
additional tools/steps might be required for that.

> ,so I think you're better of modifying another
> pre-existing microkernel to be usable from Guile (see answer by Dr.
> Arne Babenhauserheide).

I think that's a great idea and initiative!

> Greetings,
> Maxime.

Thanks for the interesting reflection!
Again my knowledge on these fields are still under
development^^ so this are mainly curiosities and sensations!
Thanks!