Re: Geiser+Guile For Remote Connections: "geiser-repl--wait-for-prompt:

From: Munyoki Kilyungi
Subject: Re: Geiser+Guile For Remote Connections: "geiser-repl--wait-for-prompt: No prompt found!"
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 10:55:49 +0300

Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com>
anaandika:

> Hello Munyoki Kilyungi,

Hi Luis Felipe!

>> Any
>> one know how to fix the "No prompt found!" Or
>> better yet, how would you specify, with Geiser,
>> what Guile version to use on a per-project basis?
>
> I filed a bug report about that to Guix a couple of years ago, and it seems
> the problem comes from the "~/.guile" file. Removing it, for example, fixed
> the problem for me (See https://issues.guix.gnu.org/35727).

Thanks for this.  Removing "~/.guile" fixes things
for me too, albeit it being a bit of an
inconvenience.  This still is unresolved to date
unfortunately.  FWIW, I don't think it's a Guix
problem, but a Guile issue.

--
(Life is like a pencil that will surely run out,
    but will leave the beautiful writing of life.)