Re: Guile Steel: a proposal for a systems lisp

From: Christine Lemmer-Webber
Subject: Re: Guile Steel: a proposal for a systems lisp
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 08:08:06 -0400

I'm glad there's been such interest.  I've gotten quite a few messages
offline about the idea of "Guile Steel" too, one person has even begun
porting pre-scheme to Guile (Andrew Whatson) and I know Jakob has also
been pondering how to pull things off.

I've made a channel on irc.libera.chat... not sure if there's enough
excitement to do anything, but you can join #guile-steel if you'd like
to talk about this and how it might be pulled off?

We might be doing a call about designing Guile Steel stuff also, and
about PreScheme's design, potentially with some of the people who worked
on PreScheme.  If you'd be interested in attending that, send me a ping.
I'm not sure how big of a group we can accomodate at once but it would
be fun to do a call about this.  We could probably record it at least.

 - Christine