Re: Using guile (running on a port) in Org Mode

From: Tim Van den Langenbergh
Subject: Re: Using guile (running on a port) in Org Mode
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:48:12 +0200

Munyoki Kilyungi <me@bonfacemunyoki.com> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>
> Hi Guilers!
>
> Recently I worked out a way to point an org src
> block to any python environment I want:
> <https://www.bonfacemunyoki.com/post/2022-07-12-gnu-guix-org-mode-guix-profiles/>.
> WRT to scheme code, is there a way to tell a
> scheme source block to run a guile interpreter
> that runs on a given port?

Hello there,

it's been a little while since I looked at the ob-scheme code, but I believe
that you should be able to use an existing Geiser session as the execution
session for your Org buffer.  So if you connect Geiser to a running Guile
instance, give the Geiser buffer a unique name, and use that name as the
session parameter for your src block (plus or minus earmuffs) I think it should
work.

Vale,

- Tim