Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: 64-bit Guile on Windows
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 05:22:32 -0800

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 01:44:47PM +0100, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

>> > Now, it is possible that the problem is that I am trying to run a
> > .go file compiled on macOS on a Windows machine, and that the two
> > platforms are different enough that the .go file can't be reused.
> > And because I get that "Value out of range" error when compiling
> > on Windows, I am probably stuck with .scm files instead of
> > compiled .go files.
>

> This bug is now hitting us too, we're investigating it here:
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6474
>
> Best,
> Jean

For what it is worth, I do have functional 64-bit Guile 3.0.x for
Windows at the link below, but that tree is still full of missteps and
experiments and needs to made into a cleaner patchset.  And I'm still
actively hacking there because I'm trying to a Guile that, once
installed, lives in a single directory like most Windows applications
so I can make an MSIX installer. So it is a bit of a mess, but,
I'm fairly confident the integers are fixed.

https://github.com/spk121/guile/commits/wip-mingw-bleh

That tree was based on, and will eventually contribute
back to

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/log/?h=wip-mingw

Both of these trees require that you  --enable-mini-gmp
--enable-jit=no and --disable-lto at configure time.

Regards,
Mike Gran