GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-a.1 available for testing!

From: David Pirotte
Subject: GNU G-Golf 0.8.0-a.1 available for testing!
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 17:37:20 -0300

Hello Guilers,

The first alpha release of the upcoming 0.8.0 release is now available
for testing:

        Tarball and a GPG detached signature [*]:

                http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/g-golf/g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz
                http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/g-golf/g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz.sig

        Dependencies and complete installation instructions are given
        in the distributed INSTALL file, or here:

                https://www.gnu.org/software/g-golf/install.html

You can help by:

  1. Testing by installing from the tarball, or from the source if you
  prefer, on the distro of your choice.

  2. By running the distributed examples.

Ultimately, one of the best way to test, and participate, is to select
G-Golf to develop the next application of your dream! Here is an
overview of the GNOME platform libraries [1], accessible using G-Golf.
In particular, libadwaita [2] provides a number of widgets that change
their layout based on the available space. This can be used to make
applications adapt their UI between desktop and mobile devices.

Contact [3]

Before you email, or bug report, you could join us on irc, and ping
me there: be patient, I also need to eat, sleep, rest ... but I always
answer, and this my preferred way to quickly interact and fix potential
G-Golf problem(s).

On irc, we chat :), so please do not write code snipsets there unless 2
or 3 lines of code, nor error messages of course - for more then 2 or 3
lines of code, or error messages, always use a tor-friendly paste
service (avoid those that tracks us an require javascript, thanks!)

However, if you prefer:

        G-Golf uses Guile's mailing lists
        Report bugs to bug-g-golf@gnu.org

Thanks!
David

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
    .sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig
    file and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

        gpg --verify g-golf-0.8.0-a.1.tar.gz

    If that command fails because you don't have the required public
    key, then run this command to import it:

        gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys A3057AD7

    and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command

[1]
https://developer.gnome.org/documentation/introduction/overview/libraries.html
[2] https://gnome.pages.gitlab.gnome.org/libadwaita/doc/main/