Re: [ANN] Guile-Parallel 1.0.0 released

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-Parallel 1.0.0 released
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 15:45:34 -0500

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> writes:

>> epoll is as I understand it linux only so that's not a reasonable
>> dependency.   fibers now works with libevent which wraps multiple
>> faclilities and is thus pretty portable.
>
> Guile-Fibers still uses epoll on Linux, on other systems it uses libevent.

Understood - I just meant that fibers is now (at least 99% of the way)
to "broadly portable".

I don't know the details of Olivier's question and libevent, but would
suggest that libevent does the sort of things that are needed and is the
standard portable approach and is thus worth a hard look as the
presumptive right answer, absent something better that only relies on
what POSIX requires (and what's on Hurd :-).