Re: [ANN] Guile-Parallel 1.0.0 released

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-Parallel 1.0.0 released
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 13:30:59 +0000

On 12/31/22 21:31, Olivier Dion wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2022, Zelphir Kaltstahl<zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>  wrote:

Maybe I can already make use of it in coming AoC puzzles.
Any sort of feeback is welcome!

Hello Olivier!

May I ask how to make use of the library? I cloned the project onto my local machine in a subfolder of a project, in which I want to use it. There are some guix files in the guile-parallel repository, but I am unsure how to make use of it as a guix package. I think there was a possibility to use local code as a package in a guix shell, but I cannot find the info how to do it, so I tried the following:

~~~~
# from the main dir of my project
# guile-parallel is cloned into the subfolder guile-parallel
# so basically: git clone git-repo-url, nothing more

guix shell -L guile-parallel guile -- guile -L .
%%%% Starting test (parallel atomic)  (Writing full log to "(parallel
atomic).log")

~~~~

At that step it hangs. Doesn't do anything. Does not put load on my CPU, just
hangs.

Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Best regards,
Zelphir