Re: Static site generator

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: Static site generator
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 18:52:15 +0000

Hi all,

 this is tangentially related to the topic, but I would like to mention that
you can use TeXmacs with some guile script to create websites. An example is
the main TeXmacs blog which is a set of hyperlinked TeXmacs documents which can
be navigated and edited within the program and then exported to HTML via a
guile script.

The website is served via github pages at:

https://texmacs.github.io/notes/docs/main.html
and you find the code here:

https://github.com/texmacs/notes
texmacs/notes: Notes about TeXmacs
github.com

The design is intentionally very minimalistic, it does not take much to set up
and publish. Using TeXmacs allows to reduce the burden in the static site
generator since the webpages are directly produced by the TeXmacs HTML
converter (which is written in scheme like many of the converters) and there is
a simple scheme script which automatically generate the index page and the atom
feed. Cannot be simpler!

Contributions, PR and ideas for extensions are welcome.

Best regards,
Massimiliano Gubinelli