The Spritely Institute launches a Guile->WebAssembly project!

From: Christine Lemmer-Webber
Subject: The Spritely Institute launches a Guile->WebAssembly project!
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2023 11:38:57 -0500

Hello!  We're VERY excited to announce that the Spritely Institute is
launching a Guile->WebAssembly project!

  https://spritely.institute/news/guile-on-web-assembly-project-underway.html

This is aiming for a real, proper version of WebAssembly compilation
you can imagine wanting: no emscripten compilation of the entire Guile
runtime, nah... what we're talking about is *direct* compilation from
Guile to WebAssembly!

We're also hiring for a position related directly to this:

  https://spritely.institute/jobs/compiler-engineer.html

Additionally we'll be working with an external European contractor who's
very familiar with Guile and WebAssembly both but I won't say who they
are yet until that announcement is ready from their end.  But those of
you at FOSDEM can talk with Jessica Tallon who will be there and knows a
lot more details. ;)

This will be huge for Guile, Scheme, and the broader programming
language world in general I think: this is a big and ambitious project
obviously, but we're riding some new WebAssembly extensions to be on the
cutting edge of a future where it's not just "you gotta write Javascript
to be usable in browsers"... Scheme too, and I'm sure other languages
will follow in our path!

So yeah, that also means... Spritely in the browser!  Get hyped!

 - Christine Lemmer-Webber, Spritely Networked Communities Institute CTO