[ANN] Spritely Goblins 0.11.0 released!

From: Thompson, David
Subject: [ANN] Spritely Goblins 0.11.0 released!
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 13:40:47 -0400

Hey Guilers,

The Spritely team is excited to announce Goblins 0.11.0 for Guile!
(And Racket, too, but you're reading guile-user!)

Highlights from this release:

* A new time-traveling distributed debugger
* Substantially improved documentation and docstrings
* Several more actor-lib modules ported from Racket to Guile
* Updates to OCapN (the Object Capabilities Network) code

For more information, including a video demonstration of the new
debugger, check out the release announcement on our blog:

https://spritely.institute/news/spritely-goblins-v0110-released-time-travel-distributed-debugging-and-more.html

About Goblins:

Spritely Goblins is a distributed object programming environment.
Goblins provides an intuitive security model, automatic local
transactions for locally synchronous operations, and an easy to use
and efficient asynchronous programming interface for encapsulated
objects which can live anywhere on the network. Its networking model
abstracts away these details so the programmer can focus on object
programming rather than protocol architecture.

For more information and download links, check out our project home page:

  https://spritely.institute/goblins/

For more information about our architecture and mission, check out the
Heart of Spritely whitepaper (which has been updated with many helpful
diagrams!):

  https://spritely.institute/static/papers/spritely-core.html

If you make something cool with Goblins, please let us know!

- Dave (on behalf of the entire Spritely team)