guile-user

Re: Guile outside of Emacs + Geiser

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Guile outside of Emacs + Geiser
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 12:20:58 AM PDT, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 03:07:10PM -0400, Christine Lemmer-Webber wrote:
>> There's a long thread on guix-devel which is related and touches on many
>> things, but I thought I'd narrow in on this one thing.
>>
>> Has anyone had a "good" experience programming with Guile without using
>> Emacs?  If so, what was your development experience like?

> For one exotic datapoint: I do use Emacs as an editor (almost exclusively)
> but never got the hang of Geiser. So I'm happy as a clam with Guile's
> REPL in a plain & simple terminal.

I also use emacs but not geiser.  And I only use emacs because of the
auto-indentation
and tab-to-indent.

I've often used VSCode for other things, but, I never got indent of scheme to
be identical to emacs.

I once tried to write a graphical debugger in Gtk for Guile, but, gave up.
Like often happens, a fun idea ended up being real work.

Regards,
Mike Gran