guix-devel

Re: Translating the web site

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Translating the web site
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 14:17:59 +0200

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> skribis:

> Le 24 septembre 2020 03:25:56 GMT-04:00, "Ludovic Courtès"
> <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> a écrit :
>>Hi,
>>
>>Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> skribis:
>>
>>> As soon as we can host the translation files on a separate project on
>>> savannah, we can get it running at translate.fedora-project.org
>>
>>Sounds good.  Do we need to host POT files on our side?  I naively
>>though Weblate would host them.
>
> No, weblate works with a git repository: it clones a repo and presents
> translation files to the users. Wher a file it translated, it commits it
> locally and remotely.
>

>>A Savannah project would be a sledgehammer; what about having a
>>sub-directory at guix.gnu.org with all the POT files?  All we’d need to
>>do is add a couple of nginx ‘location’ blocks to the config in
>>maintenance.git.
>
> So, we really need a git repository. I guess it could be hosted on, say,
> git.guix.gnu.org :)

Can we agree on the next steps so that this issue doesn’t stall?

My understanding is that we need:

  1. A public Git repo with all the POT files.  We can file a support
     request at Savannah to get that under the ‘guix’ project.

  2. Registration at fedora-project.org.

  3. Publicity so we actually get translations.

Is that correct?

I can help with #1, that’s my contribution.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.