guix-devel

Re: Manual license (was Re: Translating the web site)

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Manual license (was Re: Translating the web site)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 11:39:19 -0400

Thank you! I think it's alright (it says guix manual package because po4a enforces "package" at the end).

Le 11 octobre 2020 09:57:25 GMT-04:00, "Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas" <rosen644835@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi, everybody!

Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> writes:
Those at <https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-manual.html> have
the same statement, but it should rather be the same license as the
manual (GFDL). Perhaps a ‘Makevars’ issue too?

Sorry for bringing up this old issue so late, but I've just confirmed
that the sentence is enforced by TP's robot, as the pot file contains
literally this:
--
This file is distributed under the same license as the guix manual package.
--

Nonetheless I've tried to change the sentence in the po file to that and
it complained. As the current phrasing is not really wrong (it says

I hope this is enough clarification on the legal side.

Best regards,
Miguel