guix-devel

Re: Release v1.2 and Translation

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Release v1.2 and Translation
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 21:49:05 +0200

Dear,

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 at 18:16, Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas
<rosen644835@gmail.com> wrote:

> > From my point of view, a string freeze starting on Mon. Oct. 26th
> > seems the easiest to synchronize all etc.
> > And unfreeze once the branch is create &co.
>
> Three days is a tight schedule, but could be enough if the number of
> changes keeps close to the current one (there are already 98 fragments
> without translation on guix-manual, none on guix and I didn't check
> guix-packages).

Maybe I am missing something.  Now the translation 1.2.0-pre1 is open,
so it is almost 3 weeks (even if I know it is maybe not enough, well
we have to fix some deadlines somehow :-)).
The last week, we could string freeze for polishing and not run after
an always moving target.
>From my point view, a longer freeze would not help to have the work
done.  I do not know.  What do you think it could be better?

All the best,
simon