guix-devel

Re: Reproductibility, Data Services, guix weather

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Reproductibility, Data Services, guix weather
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 20:41:50 +0100

> The issue is to be able to find them.  I proposed (below) to run cron
> task doing ’--check’ on the build farms and then report by email the
> failure.  Chris indicated me the work they is doing [3] and instead of a
> cron task, they is proposing to parse the JSON.  That’s what the tiny
> script attached is doing.
>
>    guix repl -L . -- weather-repro.scm
>
> For example, I run:
>
>    guix repl -L . -- weather-repro.scm | sort | grep ghc
>
> to list (almost) all the unreproducible Haskell packages.  What I would
> like is to be able to filter by build system for example.
>

> First, Chris could you add the fields package name and version?  Because
> it is hard to automatically reconstruct them by parsing the output-path.

Done in [1], and I've updated data.guix-patches.cbaines.net.

1:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/data-service.git/commit/?id=f15dc5ab0b48f4228a3c545052a1e4daf3e80f15

> Second, the revision of <https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/revision>
> does not match the Guix commit.  Is it possible to have a bridge?  Other
> said, how is computed this revision hash?
>
> (A working revision is 6cf35799dec60723f37d83a559429aa8b90482d5 which
> does not seems founding in Guix repo.)

So, that particular commit is just some revision of Guix with some
patches applied. I picked it because it was the most recent
data. There's now recent commits for the master branch itself [2] like
[3].

2: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/repository/2/branch/master
3:
https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/revision/ec82d58526c27a9ca26f6c5e39cec90a48cbc1cc