guix-devel

Re: Diverse Double-Compiling, --with-c-toolchain and trusting trust

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Diverse Double-Compiling, --with-c-toolchain and trusting trust
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:03:44 +0200

Dear,

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 20:12, Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> wrote:

> This reminds me of the reflections on trusting trust:

Hehe!  The Diverse Double-Compiling (DDC) is a countermeasure against
Trusting Trust attack. :-)    If you are interested by the topic, one
entry point is one of this links:

1:
<https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/pipermail/rb-general/2020-October/002056.html>
2:
<https://reproducible-builds.org/news/2019/12/21/reproducible-bootstrap-of-mes-c-compiler/>
3: <https://dwheeler.com/trusting-trust/#real-world>

> If you get something like this working, and you'd like some help
> assembling it into a blog post, please let me know!

Thanks for the offer.  I will keep it in mind.

All the best,
simon