guix-devel

Using #true and #false everywhere?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Using #true and #false everywhere?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:38:23 +0200

Hello Guix!

As discussed on IRC recently, several of us think that using “#true” and
“#false” instead of “#t” and “#f” throughout or documentation and code
would probably make it easier for newcomers to decipher that.

WDYT?

This syntax is supported since Guile 2.0.  ‘write’ still uses the
abbreviations, but the good thing is that it means we can change all of
gnu/packages without triggering a single rebuild.

As for the manual, I’m afraid it’ll make every msgid that contains
@code{#t} stale.  So maybe now’s not a good time to make this change?

Thoughts?

Ludo’.