guix-devel

Manual PDF and translation (modular texlive?)

From: zimoun
Subject: Manual PDF and translation (modular texlive?)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:50:29 +0200

Dear,

Currently it is not easy to produce the PDF of the manual.  For
reference, see [1].  There are 2 issues:

 a) the ’texlive’ package.
 b) the fonts about Russian or Chinese.

About the a), it is really painful to download the *big* texlive package
to be able to compile TeX.  Especially when we have modular texlive
packages.  However, it is not clear to me which packages I have to use.
Any help is welcome. :-)

About the b), I am maybe overlooking but if I read correctly, it is not
documented.  What are the packages for the correct rendering of these
both languages.

With these, it becomes easy to have a manifest file and then:

  make pdf

will work without wizard-ness.

Thank you in advance.
All the best,