guix-devel

Re: File search progress: database review and question on triggers

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: File search progress: database review and question on triggers
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:17:47 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> writes:

> So we could do the same with `guix filesearch`:
>
> - First try the entry in the database.
>
> - If not there, try query-path-info and if it succeeds, populate the
>   database.
>
> - If query-path-info does not succeed, try our new
>   query-substitutable-filesearch-info.
>
> That would work, no?

Oops, I must have been distracted when writing this, of course this
cannot work "just in time" because we `guix filesearch' does not take
the local package as argument (unlike `guix size').

The local package must be indexed right after it's built, there is no
way around it.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/