guix-devel

Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Using #true and #false everywhere?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 21:25:49 -0400

Hi Ricardo,

> I think it’s very ugly that we still need to end phases with #T, even
> though build systems don’t care any more.  The only thing that aborts a
> build phase now is an exception.

I would be glad if this were the case, but I believe you're mistaken.
On both master and core-updates, in (guix build gnu-build-system), the
'gnu-build' procedure iterates over the phases using 'every', and
procedure passed to 'every' ends by returning 'result', which is the
value that the phase returned.  Am I missing something?

     Regards,
       Mark