guix-devel

Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix Europe yearly assembly minutes
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 18:58:54 +0200

Hi Tanguy!

Tanguy Le Carrour <tanguy@bioneland.org> skribis:

> Sorry if my question is a bit silly, but… what exactly is "Guix Europe"?
>
> I read the statute [1], but could not find an "official" web page for
> the association, only a thread with a dead link [2] and page on a totally
> unrelated
> website [3].
>
> [1]:
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/guix-europe/statuts/
> [2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg00108.html
> [3]:
> https://www.gralon.net/mairies-france/gironde/association-guix-europe-bordeaux_W332019708.htm
>
> Did I miss something?

I think Andreas hasn’t replied yet, so here’s an executive summary: Guix
Europe is a non-profit registered in France (“association loi 1901”)
with the goal of promoting and supporting Guix, as you saw in the statutes.

It was initially set up in part to facilitate receiving and spending of
donations in Europe.  For example, it bought hardware for the build farm
and contributes financially to the Guix Days in Brussels every year.
Andreas can explain this better.  :-)

But… it lacks a web page!  Something to fix IMO.

HTH,
Ludo’.