guix-devel

Re: Branching for v1.2?

From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas
Subject: Re: Branching for v1.2?
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 03:21:58 +0100

Hi!

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
[...]
> There are a couple of pending issues, notably regarding locales in GRUB,
> but nothing big hopefully, and nothing that changes the manual and
> strings I believe.

I've already pushed the changes for grub.  The only missing bit I've
noticed today during some tests is that some strings in
gnu/installer/parted.scm:user-partition-description still need some i18n
work: format and G_.

> Thoughts?
>
> Tuesday 6th is approaching very fast and probably we’re be a bit behind
> schedule, we’ll see.

I'm unable to provide a patch for that until tomorrow evening/night WET,
but that's pushing more delay onto translations... :(

Does anybody else want to pick up this task on the meantime?  We also
could generate twice the tarball for translations with that update, or
declare it a known bug, as it doesn't break the system.

Best regards,
Miguel