guix-devel

Re: [bootstrappable] Re: wip-full-source-bootstrap: from a 357-byte `hex

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: [bootstrappable] Re: wip-full-source-bootstrap: from a 357-byte `hex0' to 'hello'
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 19:56:19 +0100

Hi Janneke,

On Fri, 08 Jan 2021 17:15:24 +0100
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> wrote:

> > +/* TODO: On armhf gcc, max_align_t is 16 Byte big instead.  Use that? */
> > +
> > +typedef double max_align_t;
> > +
> >  #endif // ! SYSTEM_LIBC
>
> Is this something you can get more info on, or do we just try it like
> this?

I would just try like this.  I mean I'm sure we could find out what the
16 Byte thing is (long double ?  Nope, not according to both gcc and tcc
on armhf)--but seriously, mescc can't represent that object anyhow--so
there's really no upside to making this bigger (if mescc and tinycc
don't emit it, it doesn't need to be aligned either :) ).

The CI on nanana is currently building and running the tests.

I'm curious what it will say.