guix-devel

Re: Emacs-Guix repository location moved to Savannah

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Emacs-Guix repository location moved to Savannah
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 06:32:31 -0800

Hi Tobias,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> John Soo 写道:
>> Emacs-Guix has a new home!  I just pushed
>> a42f66cb40a9e60611f429a403b08dbed29bae02 to Emacs-Guix on Savannah.
>
> Thank you for taking care of this, and innumerable thanks to Alex for
> creating and maintaining emacs-guix for so many years.

Yes, many many thanks to Alex for their work over the years.

>> My first order of business will be fixing the broken subcommands.  I
>> don't use many of them, though.  If you have a command you want
>> fixed,
>> please let me know and I will priortize it.
>
> I use it very infrequently and it currently won't start:
>
>  Starting Guix REPL ... [2 times]
>  geiser-repl--connection: No Geiser REPL for this buffer (try M-x
>  run-geiser)
>  Starting Guix REPL ... [2 times]
>  geiser-repl--wait-for-prompt: No prompt found!
>
> Probably my fault somewhere.  Still, it would be nice if this ‘just
> worked’ for those who don't have and want a custom Geiser set-up.

Does it still not start? As of (guix) commit
f98e3adcd533a4a4c5482343a26d01076e946f92 I at least can start a repl
without a crash.

>> What do you think about having conversations about Emacs-Guix on
>> guix-devel?
>
> I think that's a good idea & better than creating a separate list.
>
> Where do you accept patches?  The one below is untested.

That's also a good question.  I would prefer to use the existing
guix-patches.  Is that ok by the standard mailing list administrators?

As to the patch, I would like to apply it.  Is Guix System still the
preferred name? I thought another renaming took place.  I am possibly
very out of date on that info though.

Best regards,

John