guix-devel

Re: GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH error?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH error?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 23:32:04 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 23:25, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> Oh, my bad:  $GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH must actually include the
> “/guix/extensions” sub-directory.

Thanks.  It works! \o/
Awesome :-)

> So if the file is at /tmp/foo/guix/extensions/bar.scm then
> $GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH should be /tmp/foo/guix/extensions.

Well, I will propose to have the thing as you said before.  Because
fixing (guix extensions bar) and the path $GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH/foo
seems reasonable but $GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH/foo/guix/extensions is too
redundant.
Moreover, it could nice to have GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH look by default
in ~/.config/guix/extensions, i.e., by default
GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH=~/.config.

Cheers,
simon