guix-devel

Re: Finding the channel in which a package is defined

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Finding the channel in which a package is defined
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 14:27:48 +0200

Konrad Hinsen writes:
Taking coreutils as a test case, it displays:

   gnu/packages/base.scm:328:2

Right, it's not guaranteed to match the channel name, but it's usually enough to deduce it.

I meant something like:

 λ guix show nicecat | grep ^location
 location: nckx/packages/gnuzilla.scm:105:2

Because my channel uses (nckx packages ...) module names. Most channels do something similar.

If you're using a third-party channel that shadows (clobbers?) the (gnu packages ...) namespace, I'm not sure what you could do.

Kind regards,

T G-R