guix-devel

Re: #f as a package description, gnu: Add rocminfo.

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: #f as a package description, gnu: Add rocminfo.
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 09:21:44 +0200

Hi Christopher,

> Anyway, I wouldn't like for this change to lower the standard though,
> it's currently the only package in Guix with an invalid description (as
> far as I'm aware), is there some reason why it doesn't have one?
it simply fell through the cracks[1]. Commit
0a379de3249d5e9ff66fb404f7e5aa8ce2cb3d24 adds a proper descripton.

Sorry for the trouble,
Lars

[1] Unfortunately I cannot run `guix lint` on an entire git changeset,
so instead I have to check each package by hand and I probably missed
rocminfo. I wish someday we can have a branch/pull-request-based
workflow with automated CI checks (linting, `guix pull`, signature
verification, …) *before* merging to master.