guix-devel

Re: issue tracking in git

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: issue tracking in git
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 15:18:51 +0200

Hi Adriano,

some time ago, in the context of an on line conference about Guix, someone suggested me that the bitcoin community had run a survey about
available solutions for issue tracking in git

Was it perhaps Carl Dong?

I don't remember the name of such person and I am wondering if amy
progress has been achieved on that front

I don’t think there was a decision to do issue tracking in git.

Many years ago I used Bugs Everywhere (https://bugs-everywhere.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) for my personal projects. I really quite liked it, not least because you can close a bug right as you fix the issue — it’s part of the same commit.

I have no idea how well it works when there’s a lot of “traffic” in a distributed project, e.g. when there are several comments to the same issue by different people. Having merge conflicts in the issue tracker is a headache I’d like to avoid.

--
Ricardo