guix-devel

Re: PackaginCon

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: PackaginCon
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 11:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021, jbranso@dismail.de wrote:

Hey Guix,

Apparently there is going to be a virtual Packaging Conference this year:

https://packaging-con.org/

[…]

 *  Submissions close: 31 August 2021

Thanks to you and Dong Carl on IRC for sharing! This looks like a very interesting event.

I'm working on a talk submission focused on the anatomy of a build system using my work-in-progress janet-build-system [0] as an example. I picked this topic because I think it will be a good way to incentivize me to finish the work, show how Guix can abstract over different build systems, and show how Guix collaborates with languages' build tools.

[0] https://git.hcoop.net/jackhill/guix/guix.git/shortlog/refs/heads/wip-janet

Of course, there are many different parts of our work on Guix that would be relevant for this event, so I'm sure they would welcome many submissions from us. I'm happy to collaborate on something or help brainstorm as desired. I believe that Ludo’ is also working on a submission.

(All that said, I am fearful that it may not be possible to participate in this event using Free Software. I hope that my fear is unfounded.)

Best,
Jack