guix-devel

Re: Hundreds of failed build on master following git package update

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Hundreds of failed build on master following git package update
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 22:32:24 +0100

brice@waegenei.re writes:

> Today I pushed 2 commits¹ related to the package to master, mainly to
> update it to 2.33.0. But since then https://data.guix.gnu.org/ went
> offline and Cuirass' evaluation #4930² has 556 failed build. Newly
> failed builds have unhelpful logs, ending with "cannot build missing
> derivation [...]"³.
>
> Before pushing those commits, I build git and git-minimal successfully
> on x86_64 and assessed the total impacted package for this update to
> be inferior to 300. Did I do something wrong with the update commit?
> Or is it an unrelated issue?

Hey,

Thanks for noticing that data.guix.gnu.org was down. I've had a look,
and the machine that runs it ran out of disk space.

I'm not quite sure why it ran out of disk space, I suspect it was maybe
excessive PostgreSQL logs... anyway, I'll get things going again and
keep an eye on it.

Once data.guix.gnu.org has caught up it will be easier to see what the
impact of this change is. I don't have any reason to think it was wrong
to make these changes.

Thanks,

Chris