guix-devel

Re: Guix Packaging Meetup - This Saturday from 14:00 EST (18:00 PM UTC)

From: jgart
Subject: Re: Guix Packaging Meetup - This Saturday from 14:00 EST (18:00 PM UTC)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 10:59:13 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 14:09:23 +0530 Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>
wrote:
> Thanks for posting the time in UTC. It really makes it much easier for
> me to convert to my local timezone. No need to keep track of daylight
> savings time and what not! :-)

No prob. Glad that helps.

It was a mistake on my part to mention EST. I meant ET, which is less
descriptive.

I've started to use tz to keep track of timezones.

https://github.com/oz/tz

It's a nice cli app written in golang.

I install it with nix package manager currently but I hope to package it for
guix soon.

I have this alias for it currently:

alias tz='TZ_LIST="Africa/Nairobi,Europe/Amsterdam" tz'

Maybe, I'll just turn the above alias into a script at some point with cli
options/args.

all best,

jgart

/ 3B1D 7F19 E36B B60C 0F5B 2CA9 A52A A2B4 \
\ 77B6 DD35                               /
        \   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||