guix-devel

Re: Question about prusaslicer package

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: Question about prusaslicer package
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 09:16:22 +0200

Hi pinoaffe,

On +2021-09-19 14:16:26 +0200, pinoaffe wrote:
> Ah I forgot the attachment...
>

> pinoaffe writes:
>
> > Hi guix,
> >
> > I recently made an attempt at packaging prusaslicer (just the
> > commandline interface, I couldn't get the GUI to work).
> >
> > It does build successfully, and I've attached my package definition.
> >
> > I ran into a weird bug where, for whatever reason, the commandline
> > utility only works if I run it from inside the directory where the
> > prusa-slicer binary is located.
> >
> > Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going wrong?
> > (or, better yet, how to fix it?)
> >
> > kind regards,
> > pinoaffe

from info execv, at the bottom
could this be a clue?

NOTES
    The default search path (used when the environment does not
    contain the variable PATH) shows some variation across
    systems. It generally includes /bin and /usr/bin (in that
    order) and may also include the current working directory.
               ^^^
    On some other systems, the current working is included after
    /bin and /usr/bin, as an anti-Trojan-horse measure. The
    glibc implementation long followed the traditional default
    where the current working direc‐ tory is included at the
    start of the search path. However, some code refactoring
    during the development of glibc 2.24 caused the current
                              ^^^^^^^^^^ ??
    working directory to be dropped altogether from the default
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    search path. This accidental behavior change is considered
    mildly beneficial, and won't be re‐ verted.

Might you have a script making relative helper-script calls
that depends on searching in the current directory, and works if
your cwd is there but not if you execute from elsewhere?

Though if it works, I guess that would suggest you have pre 2.24 glibc?
Not sure where I saw more info, so can't say.

Maybe changing some relative path to absolute could be a workaround?

HTH :)
--
Regards,
Bengt Richter