guix-devel

Re: Python Site Package Syntax Runtime Error

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: Python Site Package Syntax Runtime Error
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 14:32:14 +0200

Am 18.09.21 um 21:44 schrieb Antwane Mason:
From what I can tell, one of the build phases responsible for wrapping executables into shell scripts is wrongly wrapping one of the python files. This causes the shell script which is named as the original python file to be loaded as a python module causing a syntax error because the export line is a shell directive and not valid python syntax. Below is the stack trace again for reference.  The last file referenced in the stack trace is a shell script wrapper for the original onlykey_agent.py file which was renamed .onlykey_agent.py-real. Below is the full file for this shell script. Can anyone provide guidance as to which build phase needs to change and how to change it to prevent onlykey_agent.py from being wrapped?

Looking at the code of the package - which actually is quite simple - I discover

scripts=['onlykey_agent.py'],

This might indeed trigger some issue in phase wrap. Please open a bug-report for this, explicitly pointing to release v1.1.11 of that package.

As a solution for you I propose replacing the aforementioned line in setup.py by this line:

    py_modules=['onlykey_agent'],

I also suggest reporting this upstream, since I assume having onlykey_agent.py in bin is not desired. (Actually this is not a working script at all.)

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |