guix-devel

Re: Why is greetd greeter user in so many groups?

From: muradm
Subject: Re: Why is greetd greeter user in so many groups?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 11:44:15 +0300

Hello,

This change broke greetd on my side as I am using it with gtkgreet.

While greetd is running as root, specific greeter started by it is not.

This many groups was required to:
- make it able starting graphical greeters with user greeter
- access to seatd's socket file

I admit that, initially it was not clear what is needed, and how.
But now it is ok, I suggest to make groups configurable for both
greetd (56699) and seatd (56690).

This way is most flexible as how user prefers to use them.

Could your please have a look at these?

Once we done, I would like to submit at least gtkgreet as well.

Thanks in advance,
muradm

Lars-Dominik Braun <lars@6xq.net> writes:

Hi,

Sounds good, thanks for the fix!
d921516f50a946e92f9d5dc6d3bd49aca9788ac2 services: greetd: Remove
unnecessary user groups.

Cheers,
Lars